Google has announced a new feature called Search Console Insights, which is designed to help content creators better understand how their content is performing. The feature combines data from both Search Console and Google Analytics, with the goal of providing an overview and helpful insights into how users interact with and engage with content. The feature will be gradually rolled out to all Search Console users in the coming days.
Google has announced a new feature called Search Console Insights, which is designed to help webmasters better understand how their content is being discovered and used. With this tool, you can answer questions like:
- What are your best performing pieces of content, and which ones are trending?
- How do people discover your content across the web?
- What do people search for on Google before they visit your content?
- Which article refers users to your website and content?
There are a few ways to access Search Console Insights:
- Select Search Console Insights from the top of Search Console’s Overview page.
- Use this link to access it directly and save a bookmark (you can always search for 'search console insights' on Google and visit our site!)
- Coming soon - In theiOS Google App, select Search Console Insights in the account menu (tap your profile picture). We are working to also add Android Google App support.
Even if you don't use Google Analytics, you can still use Search Console Insights. However, to get the full experience and the best insights about your content, we recommend associating (linking) your Google Analytics property with your relevant Search Console property. Please note that for now, Search Console Insights only supports Google Analytics Universal Analytics properties (their ID starts with a "UA-"), but we're working to support Google Analytics 4.
We care about the content ecosystem, and we appreciate the web creator community that makes the web interesting and useful for so many people. Our hopes are that with time Search Console Insights will help creators improve and achieve their goals.
As always, if you have feedback or questions, you can reach us via one of our support channels or at @WebCreators on Twitter or @GoogleWebCreators on Instagram.
In a recent blog post, the Search Console Insights team announced several updates coming to the Google Search Console. These include new features and improvements to existing features.
One of the new features is the ability to see how often your site appears in Google search results. This information is available in the "Impressions" section of the Search Console.
Another new feature is the ability to see which queries are triggering your site to appear in Google search results. This information is available in the "Queries" section of the Search Console.
The team has also made improvements to existing features, such as the "Search Analytics" report. This report now includes more data, such as clicks, impressions, and position.
These updates should help webmasters better understand how their site is performing in Google search results.